Thursday 12 November 2009

Research and Planning: Preferred Audience

After viewing the comments from film reviews off sites such as YouTube and lovefilm.com I found that the preferred audience for psychological thriller are a mixer of males and females, with males being slightly more. All ranging between 16-30s. However this is only from reviews off the Internet. I thought the only way to get a more rounded result for the preferred audience is to make a questionnaire.

I left 25 copies in each years area of the school including the staffroom. When I got them back there were only about 15 from each year group. To make it fair I threw away the equal amount so each year group had 15 questionnaire. I also left questionnaires in the local pub, library and social club in Rugeley.

From the results I found that girls are more likely to watch comedies and Chick Flicks than Horrors or Thrillers. Boys results were very pleasing as they wanted to see thrillers more than any other genre. This was average over all ages.

My audience will be men and women, educated with a love for film and mystery. They will be regular short viewers, for instance from the short channel in YouTube and have an interest in thrillers.